About Bare Products

Bare Candle Company was created by the desire to keep candles as they should be: simple. All Bare candles are hand poured in small batches in our Douglasville, GA studio, and are made with 100% soy wax grown in the USA. Our candles are dye-free and never contain parabens, prop 65 chemicals, phthalates, or paraffin wax. We keep the environment at the core of everything we do, using ingredients that are clean + sustainable.

We scent our candles with fine fragrance oils. These fragrances are a premium blend of synthetic and natural fragrances made with sustainability in mind. Using purely essential oils, or a majority of essential oils, is simply not environmentally friendly. For example, to make enough essential oil fragrance for almost 30 candles, it takes 10,000 pounds of rose petals for a rose scent, and 1,500 individual lemons for a lemon scent. There are also some popular scents, including Palo Santo and Sandalwood, that are vulnerable or even endangered. Using synthetic fragrance oils allows us to continue protecting these natural resources while also bringing you the amazing scents you know and love. Every Bare candle is created with the health of our environment at its core.

Short answer: no. 

Labeling and marketing laws in the USA allow sellers to market their product as a “soy wax candle” if the candle contains at least 51% soy wax. Well then what is the other 49%? It could be paraffin, beeswax, or coconut wax. In most “soy wax candle” blends, paraffin wax is used for the other 49% because it’s much cheaper. We do things differently. Every Bare candle is made with 100% soy wax, made in the USA.

+ Natural and Environmentally Friendly: Soy wax is made from the oil of soybeans, making it a natural + plant-derived ingredient. All of our soy wax is made only from soybeans grown in the USA.

+ Cleaner Burn: Soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is known to contain carcinogenic substances, which can increase your risk of cancer. People who regularly burn paraffin wax candles often report headaches while burning them, due to the toxins within the wax. You won’t have this experience with Bare candles because soy wax does not contain the toxins found in paraffin wax.

+ Longer Burn: 100% soy wax candles last longer than paraffin wax candles of the same size. Soy wax is denser, meaning that it takes more heat to melt the wax, which leads to a longer life for your candle (and more time to enjoy it!).

Our wicks are made of 100% cotton. They are coated in a vegetable wax to provide rigidity during production. These wicks are vegan, and cruelty-free.

You should trim the wick before each burn. Trim the wick a ¼ to a ½ inch. Too small of a wick could cause your candle to tunnel. Too large of a wick can cause your candle to burn down too quickly, causing the wick to “dance.” This shows that the wax is not burning properly and may cause excess smoke. If this happens, blow out the candle, trim the wick, and relight your candle.

Of course! Use the jar to pot a plant, to hold your pens and pencils or a new way we haven’t seen yet. We love to see photos of your recycled jars! Tag us on Instagram @barecandlecompany

If you don’t plan to reuse your jar, all of our packaging is 100% recyclable.

Orders

Please click here to see our current processing times.

Click here to read our refund and exchange policy

When purchasing from Bare Candle Company, you agree to let Bare change your shipping method to avoid damages. These changes mostly apply to large or heavy orders.

Contact Us

Feel free to reach us through our submission form or you can email us at info@barecandleco.com